Glazed Doughnut Strawberry Shortcake
“A delightful twist on traditional strawberry shortcake using a glazed doughnut. Easy to prepare, yet an impressive dessert! Use store-bought doughnuts or your own glazed doughnut recipe.”
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 glazed doughnuts, halved horizontally
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place the bottom half of one doughnut on a plate. Spoon 1/4 cup whipped cream onto the doughnut, arrange 1/4 of the sliced strawberries over the whipped cream, and then spoon another 1/4 cup whipped cream over the strawberries. Top with remaining doughnut half. Repeat with remaining doughnuts, cream, and strawberries.