Chocolate Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- In a mixers bowl, add the cocoa powder and boiling water.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Beat with the whisk attachment for 5-6 minutes, until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting for each addition to be completely incorporated until adding the next.
- Stop beating and remove bowl from standing mixer.
- Add the flour in batches and gently fold with a spatula.
- The mixture may seem like it has curdled but don’t let this worry you, that’s how its supposed to be.
- Grease a 10×30 cm cake pan. Dust with cocoa powder and pour in the cake mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Insert a knife in the cake to make sure it is done. If it comes out clean and dry, your cake is ready.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside on a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool.
- Turn out on to wire rack and allow to cool for 2 hours before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream and jam or marmalade.