- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- In a mixers bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the grated carrots and raisins and continue to beat.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting for each egg to get completely incorporated in the mixture before adding the next. Beat for 2 minutes and remove mixing bowl from mixer.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and peanuts (or walnuts). Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Grease and flour a cake pan. Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes while still in the cake pan. Turn out cake onto a wire rack. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
For the frosting:
- Beat the butter, honey and cinnamon powder in a mixer, using the paddle attachment. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on the carrot cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.